This website, www.instituteforintuitiveintelligence.com, is owned and operated by the Lightworker Institute Pty Ltd trading as Institute for Intuitive Intelligence ABN 18 601 001 503. If you have any questions or need further information, please contact the principal of the Institute, Ricci-Jane Adams – [email protected].
We comply with the Australian Privacy Principles set out in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act).
We understand that visitors from the EU may access this site, so we also aim to comply with the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR).
If you engage with us via this website, or choose to purchase from, work or study with the Institute, we may ask to collect the following kinds of personal information from you, including:
- your contact details, such as your name, address, email and phone number,
- information about your interests & preferences, including material you have downloaded from our website, products you have purchased, and links that you have clicked on within email campaigns, and
- your interaction with our website, as with your consent, we collect your IP address, and information about your browsing history to help us improve the usability and appeal of our website.
Collection and Use
We may collect your personal information by various means including:
- when you fill in our contact form,
- when you email us,
- when you take up an opt-in offer or subscribe to our newsletter,
- when you sign up for a seminar, webinar or event,
- when you respond to a testimonial request,
- when you become a client of the Institute or purchase from us, and
- where our website automatically collects information about you and your activities on our site.
We use this information to:
- respond to your enquiries,
- provide services that you have requested from us,
- provide news about our products and services, and developments in our area of work,
- monitor the satisfaction of our website visitors and clients, and
- improve this website and the services we provide, including providing more relevant information.
We will only collect your personal information:
- with your full awareness and consent, such as when you email us, tick a checkbox or fill in a form to provide us with information,
- if we need it to provide you with information or services that you request,
- for necessary administrative processes if you become our client, and
- if we believe that we can demonstrate a legitimate interest in using your data for marketing purposes, although never without your permission, and we will always give you a choice to opt out.
We understand that some personal information is particularly sensitive. While we do not specifically collect sensitive information, you may feel called to share information with us individually or during group work that fits the sensitive information description.
We will encourage you to only share sensitive information by methods that are reasonably secure, such as:
- by sending us information in an email,
- face to face or in an online consultation, and
- during group circles where all participates have agreed to respect each other’s confidentiality.
The sensitive information you feel called to share with us may include information about:
- your personal wellbeing and spiritual journey,
- your lifestyle, dreams and goals,
- your business and professional intentions, and
- your self-care habits and preferences.
We do not knowingly collect sensitive information from children under the age of 18. If you are under 18, you must seek your parent or guardian’s permission before using this website.
You agree that we are free to use any non-personal information, communications and material that you choose to share with us for any purpose, including developing, manufacturing or marketing our products and services.
How we store your data
We are committed to securely storing and handling your personal and sensitive information. Your personal information may also be stored with a third-party provider, where it will be stored securely online or in the cloud, and managed under the provider’s security policy. All of the cloud-based storage solutions we use are password protected and have expressed their commitment to data security. You can find out more about their security provisions here:
Google Drive: https://support.google.com/drive/answer/2450387
For students of the Institute, you may choose not to provide us with your personal information. However, if you choose not to be completely honest with us, we may not be able to provide you with the services that you request. We do insist on accurate contact information, particularly if you choose to attend one of our retreats.
Sharing your Personal Information
In order to do provide you with the information or services you have requested, we may share some relevant personal information – on a strictly need to know basis – with support services such as:
- our virtual assistant (VA),
- our CRM provider,
- our email marketing provider,
- employees of the Institute,
- our financial and legal advisors,
- our website maintenance team, and
- our technology support team.
We will also disclose your information if required by law to do so or in circumstances permitted by the Privacy Act – for example, where we have reasonable grounds to suspect that unlawful activity, or misconduct of a serious nature, that relates to our functions or activities has been, is being or may be engaged in, and in response to a subpoena, discovery request or a court order.
If you have any concerns regarding the disclosure of your personal information, please do not hesitate to get in touch with us to discuss this personally.
We take reasonable physical, technical and administrative safeguards to protect your personal information from misuse, interference, loss, and unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
We manage risks to your personal information by:
- storing files securely,
- ensuring that only key personnel have access to sensitive information,
- releasing information to service providers on a strictly need-to-know basis, and
- conducting regular audits of our security systems.
Access to Information
You can contact us to access, correct or update your personal information at any time. Unless we are subject to a confidentiality obligation or some other restriction on giving access to the information which permits us to refuse you access under the Privacy Act, and we believe there is a valid reason for doing so, we will endeavour to make your information available you within 30 days.
Please contact us in writing by sending an email requesting access to your information at [email protected] and expect a reply within 7 days.
If you are not satisfied with our response to your complaint you may seek a review by contacting the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner using the information available at http://www.oaic.gov.au/privacy/privacy-complaints.
Notification of Change
Notification of Breach
If we have reason to suspect that a serious data breach has occurred and that this may result in harm or loss to you, we will immediately assess the situation and take appropriate remedial action. If we still believe that you are at risk, we will notify the Office of the Information Commissioner and either notify you directly, or if that is not possible, publicise a notification of the breach on this website.